Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Welcome to Fourth Grade!

Hello! Welcome to another fun-filled year at Caroline. I am so excited to get the year started! A great big thank you to all of the wonderful families who made it to open house today. It was an absolute treat getting to meet everyone and getting a little glimpse of the people who support these fabulous children in my class. I am so happy that I get the opportunity to explore all of the unique traits everyone has to offer.



This first week will consist mainly of establishing and practicing classroom routines. We also spend a good amount of time building our classroom community and establishing a sense of ownership and belonging. It is important for my students to feel that they are an essential part of this creation process and that their input is necessary. Since summer vacation is still looming in everyone's skin, we will also have multiple breaks throughout the day to go outside and do activities as a class and also have some free time to just play.

I hope you enjoy reading this blog throughout the year! Please comment when you feel inspired!

No comments: